Terms and Conditions of Sale of Goods and Services
Application and entire agreement
1. These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the Goods and Services and services by the buyer (from here referred to as you) from GIC Scientific cc (Company Reg. no 2000/036179/23) whose registered office is at 10 Conrad St Florida North, (from here referred to as us)
2. These Terms and Conditions will be deemed to have been accepted by you when you accept them or the quotation or from the date of any delivery of the Goods and Services (whichever happens earlier) and will constitute the entire agreement between us and you.
3. These Terms and Conditions and the quotation (together, the Contract) apply to the purchase and sale of any Goods and Services between us and you, to the exclusion of any other terms that you try to impose or incorporate, or which are implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing.
4. A "business day" means any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or Public holiday in South Africa.
5. The headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and will not affect their interpretation.
6. Words imparting the singular number include the plural and vice-versa.
Goods and Services and Services
7. The description of the Goods and Services and services is set out in our sales documentation, unless expressly changed in our quotation. In accepting the quotation, you acknowledge that you have not relied upon any statement, promise or other representations about the Goods and Services by us. Descriptions of the Goods and Services set out in our sales documentation are intended as a guide only.
8. We can make any changes to the specification of the Goods and Services which are required to conform to any applicable safety or other statutory or regulatory requirements.
9. The price (Price) of the Goods and Services is set out in our quotation current at the date of your order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Only prices quoted in writing are valid.
10. If the cost of the Goods and Services to us increases due to any factor beyond our control including, but not limited to, material costs, labour costs, alteration of exchange rates or duties, or changes to delivery rates, we can increase the Price prior to delivery.
11. Any increase in the Price under the clause above will only take place after we have told you about it.
12. You may be entitled to discounts. Any and all discounts will be at our discretion.
13. The Price is excluding of fees for packaging and transportation/delivery, which is quoted as a separate item.
14. The Price lists separates any applicable VAT and other taxes or levies which are imposed or charged by any competent authority.
Cancellation and Alteration
15. Details of the Goods and Services as described in the clause above (Goods and Services) and set out in our sales documentation are subject to alteration without notice and are not a contractual offer to sell the Goods and Services which is capable of acceptance.
16. The quotation (including any non-standard price negotiated in accordance with the clause on Price (above) is valid for a period of 30 days only from the date shown in it unless expressly withdrawn by us at an earlier time.
17. Either of us can cancel the order for any reason prior to your acceptance (or rejection) of the quotation.
18. We will invoice you for the Price either:
- on or at any time after delivery of the Goods and Services; or
- where the Goods and Services are to be collected by you or where you wrongfully do not take delivery of the Goods and Services, at any time after we have notified you that the Goods and Services are ready for collection or we have tried to deliver them but found it not possible.
19. Account holding customers have 30 days Net from invoice date, only after official GIC credit application form completed and approved.
- Cash on Delivery customers must pay the Price strictly cash, credit card on collection or delivery of the goods, or by advance payment via EFT with clear proof of this being done presented.
- If Cash on Delivery customers have agreed to beforehand on ‘upfront payment required’, you must make payment even if delivery has not taken place and/or that the title in the Goods and Services has not passed to you.
21. If you do not pay within the period set out above, we will suspend any further deliveries to you and without limiting any of our other rights or remedies for statutory interest, charge you interest at the rate of 10% per annum above the base rate of the Reserve Bank of South Africa from time to time on the amount outstanding until you pay in full.
22. Time for payment will be of the essence of the Contract between us and you.
23. All payments must be made in South African Rand unless otherwise agreed in writing between us.
24. Both parties must pay all amounts due under these Terms and Conditions in full without any deduction or withholding except as required by law and neither party is entitled to assert any credit, set-off or counterclaim against the other in order to justify withholding payment of any such amount in whole or in part.
25. We will arrange for the delivery of the Goods and Services to the address specified in the quotation, or your order or to another location we agree in writing.
26. If you do not specify a delivery address or if we both agree, you must collect the Goods and Services from our premises.
27. Subject to the specific terms of any special delivery service, delivery can take place at any time of the day and must be accepted at any time between 8 am to 4 pm (3pm on Fridays).
28. If you do not take delivery of the Goods and Services we may, at our discretion and without prejudice to any other rights:
- store or arrange for the storage of the Goods and Services and will charge you for all associated costs and expenses including, but not limited to, transportation, storage and insurance; and/or
- make arrangements for the redelivery of the Goods and Services and will charge you for the costs of such redelivery; and/or
- after 10 business days, resell or otherwise dispose of part or all of the Goods and Services and charge you for any shortfall below the price of the
29. If redelivery is not possible as set out above, you must collect the Goods and Services from our premises and will be notified of this. We can charge you for all associated costs including, but not limited to, storage and insurance.
30. Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. We will not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Goods and Services that is caused by a circumstance beyond our control or your failure to provide us with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Goods and Services.
31. We can deliver the Goods and Services by instalments, which will be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment is a separate contract. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment will not entitle you to cancel any other instalment.
Inspection and acceptance of Goods and Services
32. You must inspect the Goods and Services on delivery or collection.
33. If you identify any damages or shortages, you must inform us in writing within 7 working days of delivery, providing details.
34. Other than by agreement, we will only accept returned Goods and Services if we are satisfied that those Goods and Services are defective and if required, have carried out an inspection
35. Subject to your compliance with this clause and/or our agreement, you may return the Goods and we will, as appropriate, repair, or replace, or refund the Goods and Services or part of them.
36. We will be under no liability or further obligation in relation to the Goods and Services if:
- if you fail to provide notice as set above; and/or
- you make any further use of such Goods and Services after giving notice under the clause above relating to damages and shortages;
- the defect arises because you did not follow our oral or written instructions about the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the Goods and Services;
- the defect arises from normal wear and tear of the Goods and Services;
- the defect arises from misuse or alteration of the Goods and Services, negligence, wilful damage or any other act by you, your employees or agents or any third parties.
37. You bear the risk and cost of returning the Goods and Services.
38. Acceptance of the Goods and Services will be deemed to be upon inspection of them by you and in any event within 7 working days after delivery.
Risk and Title
39. The risk in the Goods and Services will pass to you on completion of delivery.
40. Title to the Goods and Services will not pass to you until we have received payment in full (in cash or cleared funds) for:
- the Goods and Services and/or
- any other Goods and Services or services that we have supplied to you in respect of which payment has become due.
41. Until title to the Goods and Services has passed to you, you must
- hold the Goods and Services on a fiduciary basis as our bailee; and/or
- store the Goods and Services separately and not remove, deface or obscure any identifying mark or packaging on or relating to the Goods and Services; and/or
- keep the Goods and Services in satisfactory condition and keep them insured against all risks for their full price from the date of delivery
42. As long as the Goods and Services have not been resold, or irreversibly incorporated into another product, and without limiting any other right or remedy we may have, we can at any time ask you to deliver up the Goods and Services and, if you fail to do so promptly, enter any of your premises or of any third party where the Goods and Services are stored in order to recover them.
43. We can terminate the sale of Goods and Services under the Contract where:
- you commit a material breach of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions;
- you are or become or, in our reasonable opinion, are about to become the subject of a bankruptcy order or take advantage of any other statutory provision for the relief of insolvent debtors;
- you enter into a voluntary arrangement under Insolvency, or any other scheme or arrangement is made with your creditors; or
- you convene any meeting of your creditors, enter into voluntary or compulsory liquidation, have a receiver, manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed in respect of your assets or undertakings or any part thereof, any documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator, notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by you or any of your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder ,a resolution is passed or petition presented to any court for the winding up of your affairs or for the granting of an administration order, or any proceedings are commenced relating to your insolvency or possible insolvency
Limitation of liability
44. Our liability under the Contract, and in breach of statutory duty, and in tort, misrepresentation or otherwise will be limited to this clause.
45. Subject to the clauses above on Inspection and Acceptance and Risk and Title, all warranties, conditions or other terms implied by statute or common law (save for those implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods and Services Act 1979) are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
46. If we do not deliver the Goods and Services, our liability is limited, subject to the clause below, to the costs and expenses incurred by you in obtaining replacement Goods and Services of similar description and quality in the cheapest market available, less the price of the Goods and Services.
47. Our total liability will not, in any circumstances, exceed the total amount of the Price payable by you.
48. We will not be liable (whether caused by our employees, agents or otherwise) in connection with the Goods and Services, for:
- any indirect, special or consequential loss, damage, costs, or expenses; and/or
- any loss of profits; loss of anticipated profits; loss of business; loss of data; loss of reputation or goodwill; business interruption; or, other third-party claims; and/or
- any failure to perform any of our obligations if such delay or failure is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control; and/or
- any losses caused directly or indirectly by any failure or breach by you in relation to your obligations; and/or
- any loss relating to the choice of the Goods and Services and how they will meet your purpose or the use by you of the Goods and Services supplied.
49. The exclusions of liability contained within this clause will not exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or limit our liability; and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
50. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, the party giving notice (or a duly authorised officer of that party).
51. Notices will be deemed to have been duly given:
- when delivered, if delivered by courier or another messenger (including registered mail) during the normal business hours of the recipient;
- when sent, if transmitted by fax or email and a successful transmission report or return receipt is generated;
- on the fifth business day following mailing, if mailed by national ordinary mail; or
- on the tenth business day following mailing, if mailed by airmail.
52. All notices under these Terms and Conditions must be addressed to the most recent address, email address or fax number notified to the other party.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
53. Neither party shall be liable for any failure or delay in performing their obligations where such failure or delay results from any cause that is beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the party in question.
54. No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
Law and Jurisdiction
56. This agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of The Republic of South Africa and all disputes arising under the agreement (including non-contractual disputes and claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction to the South African courts.